Tuesday 3 December 2013

Irfan Pathan all set to become first Indian cricketer to have personal physio

Left arm seamer Irfan Pathan, out of international cricket action for last few months due to a hip injury, is all set to do something never done by any Indian cricketer before.

"Yes, I am going to hire a full-time personal physio very soon. I have lost quite a lot of playing years due to injury. I made a few comeback, in and out of team. I hope this is my last injury break," Irfan told Headlines Today in an exclusive interview late last night.  

Irfan is not the only cricketer whose career has been affected by injuries. Quite a few Indian cricketers specially seamers and medium pace bowlers like Ashish Nehra's career have been marred by injuries.

"Off course, having a personal physio will help me stay fit and strong. I know I will be the first cricketer to do so," observed Irfan.

He was all praise for his fellow teammates. "Bhuvaneshwar has been playing brilliantly and others are also chipping in. It's quite a balanced side. I think it will be great contest. I hope and pray that India emerge victorious. This team is world beater and on any given day beat any team".

"Just look at the batting line up. It's the best in the world. Rohit and Shikhar are brilliant upfront. With Virat, Yuvraj, Raina and Dhoni, this team bats quite deep," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search